Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unusual m42

Article about: hello everyone. today i came across an unusual m42. It was stamped with Q66 but it had riveted airvents instead of stamped airvents is this possible? i passed it up but if it turns out to be

Default unusual m42

hello everyone. today i came across an unusual m42. It was stamped with Q66 but it had riveted airvents instead of stamped airvents is this possible? i passed it up but if it turns out to be good i can always go back to the shop and buy it. The liner and paint looked good to me but i noticed the airvent and they were definantly riveted and it had a flared edge. could this be a post war modification or something completley different. all help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unusual m42
    P
    Many

Default Re: unusual m42

pics would be most helpful here,,,the m-35 had bushings as the air vents so maybe this is what you have encountered,,,no m-42's to my knowledge ever had bushings/rivets for air vents;they were punched straight out and a small "donut" of metal was formed in the process to give the hole a smooth,contoured look...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    pics would be most helpful here,,,the m-35 had bushings as the air vents so maybe this is what you have encountered,,,no m-42's to my knowledge ever had bushings/rivets for air vents;they were punched straight out and a small "donut" of metal was formed in the process to give the hole a smooth,contoured look...
    this was definantly an m42 it had the flared edges and had all the markings of a regular m42 but had definant riveted air vents

We need to see some pics here. Never seen or heard of such a beast.

My only possible explanation is an unfinished M35 which never had the edge rolled over and which has since been completed by a collector post war. But as I said, we really need pics.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Agreed, some pics are needed, even cellphone pics.

I've not heard of this, hopefully you will be able to get pics. As Doug said, even crappy cellphone pics will do, we just need an idea.

Yea its odd, i know that the se factory helmets have an outwardly stamped airvent that looks like the m35 insertted vent,lv