Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Very unusual M40 souvenir indeed!!

Article about: Whomever buys it has only himself to blame.

Default Re: Very unusual M40 souvenir indeed!!

I have to agree with the other guys ,the helmet is the real deal but the paint no way the color is too fresh the white paint is way to white for a helmet close to 70 years old.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very unusual M40 souvenir indeed!!
    P
    Many

if the helmet is origional, and you got it for a fair price,,,not why strip it down....

All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.
    A.H.

£310 with 3 days to go.

It's not worth 1£ , I think it's been stripped and repainted for the artwork.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It's not worth 1£ , I think it's been stripped and repainted for the artwork.

Just noticed that this helmet is sitting at nearly 900 uk £s.im sorry to say im suspicious of it.the owner is carefull to say it (appears) a trophy helmet.he must be a lawyer.a name and unit number on a helmet wouldnt be that white ,think of how many times it was soaked ,rubbed against metal equipment ect/the red is too vibrant.the liner ect iffy .,but there are guys out there ready to part with big money for it ,i pity them.there certainly is nothing nicer than a genuine german helmet being brought back by a vet with a leaning to art and painting his memeories on a helmet,but i dont think this is one of them.my many years of exsperience tells me that, and the other guys who have commented also simialr.i genuinly feel sorry for the one who is going to purchase it.

£818 with 2 days to go. In my opinion this is just ridiculous. I cant believe people will spend that much money on something with no providence and so many obvious 'red flags'. The liner drawstring is definitely not original for a start, and along with all the other things like the freshness of the paint etc.. this should be enough to put off anyone with even a limited knowledge of Helmets.Whoever wastes their money on this must have way too much of it.. Unbelievable

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    £818 with 2 days to go. In my opinion this is just ridiculous. I cant believe people will spend that much money on something with no providence and so many obvious 'red flags'. The liner drawstring is definitely not original for a start, and along with all the other things like the freshness of the paint etc.. this should be enough to put off anyone with even a limited knowledge of Helmets.Whoever wastes their money on this must have way too much of it.. Unbelievable

$1,181.11 US dollars............

My thoughts too !
    Regards,

Steve.

poor guy : (
    probably thinks hes getting a deal

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    poor guy : (
    probably thinks hes getting a deal
    just like 100% of collectors/believers who got screwed...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast