Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I saw this helmet and I almost fell in love with it! I might get it if it checks out with you guys, after all, you're all the experts! It is supposed to be a vet bring back b

Default Re: 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thank you all for the replies! Is the "germany 1945" original from WW2? Or in other words was this really a WW2 souvenir that a soldier brought home and wrote on?
    The majority of helmets were "vet bringbacks." Over the years, I have seen similar things painted on helmets-expecially if the vet displayed it in his home or his business.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet
    P
    Many

I wouldnt be too concerned about the Germany 1945 being wartime or post war. It doesn't look all that bad.

I purchased my DD Luft from dave, excellent communication with him, he may even shave off a few bucks if you ask him nicely, and if the germany 1945 writing on the front bothers you at all just add a pair of ww2 issued goggles and it will cover it up plus still look super cool, It may be difficult finding an original chin strap under 200 bucks, they make really good repo straps now for under 50 as long as it being repo doesnt bother you.

I actually love the "Germany 1945" that is actually the main reason I want to buy it. I am hoping that it was atleast written a long time ago, I just didn't want to find out that someone wrote that on there a couple weeks ago to make it look "cool"

I actually love the "Germany 1945" that is actually the main reason I want to buy it. I am hoping that it was atleast written a long time ago, I just didn't want to find out that someone wrote that on there a couple weeks ago to make it look "cool"
    The writing definatly makes it a nice conversation piece, IMO I would feel confident that the writing was done by the vet who brought it back, he either did it while he was overseas or painted it when he got back home to show off as a trophy, there is a small chance that someone bought it from him and wrote that on there during the 60's or something, but I doubt it, its just one of those things that will remain a mystery.
    P.S- That beautiful decal is worth the 500 bucks alone!

?

The thing that made this one special is the writing on the front. I hope no one tries to remove the text.. There is thousands of normal luftwaffe helmets around, but only one that looks exactly like his.

I love the "Vet" inscriptions. This is a very nice and fairly priced piece - grab it!

Have never bought from WW2GERMANHELMETS but dave,s items dont sit around long,unlike some sites that still have the same items for sale as long iv'e been a member at WRF well over a year,speaks for itself dont you think so?regards minnie.

I had my last lid from the same seller...highly recommended seller and would have no problems dealing with him again.

He said he was willing to go down to $510 for everything so I think I am going to get it and hope that it is all ww2 original and that a WW2 GI wrote that on his souvenir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast