Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Volunteer decals

Article about: Spanish volunteers had their own decal. Thanks, Glen.

Default Re: Volunteer decals

Spanish volunteers had their own decal.
    Thanks, Glen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volunteer decals
    P
    Many

Thanks Glen for that info.

Just discovered a little more about the Sauerland decal and that was volunteer decal too

Didnt the Free Indian Legion have their own decal?

Cheers,
    Mads

Re the Free Indian Legion, no, if you refer to one the same as the arm sheild. This decal is a fantasy item made in the 1990's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Re the Free Indian Legion, no, if you refer to one the same as the arm sheild. This decal is a fantasy item made in the 1990's.

Cheers, Ade.
    just like the Totenkopf decal...
    Volunteer decals

?

I've yet to see an original croatian decal.

Sauerland is in the south eastern part of North Rhine Westphalia and a part of Germany proper. To correct the erronious statement from young Kyle, they were not a foreign volunteer unit. The decal did exist and is extremely rare. There are many fakes of this elusive helmet. I actually handled an original example when I was a freshman in high school way back in 1959. It was in a junk store in Chicago along with a Luftwaffe helmet with a painted on Bellorussian volunteer shield. Both were $5.00. I bought the Luftwaffe helmet and told the store owner I would be back in a week for the Sauerland helmet. I came back but the helmet was gone.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob, is that the only one you are aware of? I've searched in different forums n came up with nothing. If it had not been for period pics I wouldnt have believed it existed.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Bob, is that the only one you are aware of? I've searched in different forums n came up with nothing. If it had not been for period pics I wouldnt have believed it existed.
    If you are referring to the Sauerland helmet, that was the only one I have ever seen that i know is authentic. the guy got two helmets from the same vet and both really rare and unusual ones. in 1959, no one would have even known what a Sauerland helmet was. What fake decals that were around were very basic SS ones and made similar in construction to those found in plastic model kits.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast