Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decals

Article about: I have owned this helmet for some time and have shown it to only a few people who have experience in militaria collecting. Some have felt that the decals although hand painted seem to be per

Default Vulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decals

I have owned this helmet for some time and have shown it to only a few people who have experience in militaria collecting. Some have felt that the decals although hand painted seem to be period to the helmet but others have dismissed as fake without even taking a closer look. The decals are of a single sig rune in red on a white/silver circle in a red shield (applied to both sides of the helmet). There is a number painted to the front of the helmet in red (58) and a name schubert in white on the rear skirt of the helmet. I can almost hear the sound of lots of my fellow collectors typing furiously away to give their opinion. I will be honest I do not know if the decals are the real deal or not. The helmet liner is ink stamped 60 (size I think?) and Aug 1944 (manufacture date?) so I believe the helmet is an original wartime piece in that respect just not sure about the decals. I have only ever seen this symbol on Hitler Youth armbands, flags, badges etc. So waiting patiently for you guys to pull this helmet to pieces

Vulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decalsVulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decals
    P
    Many

Default Re: Vulkanfiber parade helmet with unusual decals

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the shell is post war, so therefore, the insignia are not real. The post war helmets are heavier than WWII vintage vulkanfibre helmets, the rim around the visor and skirt is different, the liners of WWII vintage examples did not have dome pads, and the basic shape, while similar, is not the same. Sorry. Jim G.