Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet

Article about: by helmetone Is it too late to obtain the 1000 posts? I'm so close lol. I reckon we are gonna be ok, I mean it won't be right without our signatures

?

Default Re: War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet

Don't know about the plywood box mate. Here in Russia i will have to use Russian Post or EMS Post own boxes. There is no two way about it here. I can't even use my own duct tape to seal parcels. Russian Post use their own with stamps on showing if it's from Moscow, Volgograd etc.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

i supose a way around the diferent postal systems around the world would be to make each member responsible for the packaging for the foward journey
    then no rules would be broken
    on the other hand mabe im just thinking to much ??? LOL
    cheers ian

?

I think that will be a fine solution. If the box people will receive it is still in good condition then just it as long as possible.

I think each member can drop the cash on buying a good, well constructed box that will be in conformity with their country's rules and regulations. A thought I had, each member that receives the lid could remove the postage paid label and throw it in the box for the next destination. Kind of like collecting stamps. At the end you would have the postage label for every city it was shipped from. Just a neat way to time line it's journey.

?

Good idea.

Count me in!

I don't have a time limit really, but I'd like it back at some point Couple of years? It depends on how fast it all happens. I want to start in the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll strip, paint and prep the shell with a nice 'WRF Forum 1000' logo, I have a cool idea for that graphic already I reckon we should use this thread as the base for the project, rather than start a new one when it starts, it would have nice continuity from the genesis to conclusion.

Not long now guys, Ronnie I reckon you are closest to me in Liverpool so it will probably be you that get's it first (well, second after me ).

- - Updated - -

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Count me in!
    Welcome Joe, I was wondering when you would get here mate

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I think each member can drop the cash on buying a good, well constructed box that will be in conformity with their country's rules and regulations. A thought I had, each member that receives the lid could remove the postage paid label and throw it in the box for the next destination. Kind of like collecting stamps. At the end you would have the postage label for every city it was shipped from. Just a neat way to time line it's journey.
    Very cool idea that, I was thinking the same thing last night but it slipped my mind . When it finally gets home I'll mount all the labels in order and frame them.

Better late than never! I was camping in the Adirondak Mountains... had a bear alert and I spent the whole time with my Mosin or Enfield close at hand!

I'll be sure to take pictures of it at FDR's home, or above the Hudson River on the famous Walk-Way Over the Hudson, OR maybe with my students?! :P

No probs mate i think Ian (Bond) is in north Wales near me plus my mum and Dad go over there every weekend no delivery charge ha ha
    cheers Ronnie

PS do you want me to make a Ply box for it .... no probs i can do it in work?

?

Count me in if I hit the 1000 posts mark in time, I could arrange to do a personal meet and greet with Adrian or Whitehunter "at a place to be agreed" in Hampshire!
    Regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast