Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht chin-strap

Article about: Hello everyone, please express your opinion on the originality of the Wehrmacht chin-strap, thank you in advance!

Default Wehrmacht chin-strap

Hello everyone, please express your opinion on the originality of the Wehrmacht chin-strap, thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht chin-strap   Wehrmacht chin-strap  

Wehrmacht chin-strap   Wehrmacht chin-strap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht chin-strap
    P
    Many

R.F.Nr 0/0637/0002

I like the look of this one. Gladly have it installed on one of my late war helmets. Just my opinion without handling it. That's needed to confirm.
    I have no access to an RBN or RFN manufacturer code listing, I don't know if one exist for chinstraps or leather goods that is complete. D.

I am very confused by his condition, he is a mint, not at all worn out ..

I have straps on helmets that are better condition & original. There are also MANY found in unissued condition in collections & for sale from dealers
    D.

Thanks for the answer! I am simply confused by these finds .... if for 80 years the thing was lying without movement, is such a state of safety possible?

Many late war helmets were made & never issued. They sat in depots, boxcars, factories until liberated. Chinstraps were not installed until the helmet was issued. So by late 1944, 1945 the already produced chinstraps that were unissued were liberated also & decades later many are still found. Most of course are RBN# or RFN#. But on helmets that have been cared for, the original straps are still fresh & new looking that can be dated 1936-1943
    D.