Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

wehrmacht helm double decal

Article about: The question is, is it real or fake?

?

Default wehrmacht helm double decal

The question is, is it real or fake?

wehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decalwehrmacht helm double decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wehrmacht helm double decal
    P
    Many

?

I got it from an antique shop.

Hi Wesley, this one looks like it is an original M35 double decal HEER helmet that has had a field over paint as the inner surface is still apple green. The over paint then looks to have been "scrubbed" to reveal the decals beneath. I think that was done some time ago and over all does not detract from the helmet, it is not a factory re-issue helmet as that would have been stripped right down and then re-painted. Even though the liner is not the early "square bale" type most often seen in M35's I think it is original to the helmet, at the very least it is a period replacement. Leon.

?

I think Leon pretty much nailed it -- the tricolor almost looks painted?

original big foot decal , the tricolor could have been slightly dug out from the reissue paint

Salty, but nice......... !
    Regards,

Steve.