Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?

Article about: I really would like to buy an authentic Wehrmacht helmet, however, I am EXTREMELY worried about wasting all of my money doing so. Could you guys evaluate the helmets on World War II German H

?

Default Re: Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?

I've seen SS helmets in ppor condition selling for $3000 and good ones in the $10,000 to $15,000 range. Needless to say I don't aspire to collect any. if I had the money I would. Your better off starting with a nice Heer or Luftwaffe helmet then maybe work your way up to a a nice KM if you can afford it. Be aware there is no turning back once you start collecting thsi stuff. This the most addictive hobby you can imagine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I've seen SS helmets in ppor condition selling for $3000 and good ones in the $10,000 to $15,000 range. Needless to say I don't aspire to collect any. if I had the money I would. Your better off starting with a nice Heer or Luftwaffe helmet then maybe work your way up to a a nice KM if you can afford it. Be aware there is no turning back once you start collecting thsi stuff. This the most addictive hobby you can imagine.
    Yeah, haha, although I, too, can never imagine collecting enough money to buy a decent SS helmet, let alone spending that cash on one! I would be much happier spending little money for a great Heer helmet that would look nice on a shelf, or maybe, MAYBE, on my head once or twice. Probably once.

?

I hear you. It always starts with one then get ready. Next you'll want an M42 model, maybe a nice apple green double decal M35, then one of each type of Luft model, etc ..... That's what is great about this hobby, there is something you always need. Then on to coth headgear and visors ! If you are like me I collect everything medals, uniform parts, helmets, caps, gear, documents, it never ends. Gotta love it. As for wearing the helmet, we all try them on at one time or another but I hope you have a small head. Everything seems to come in extra small sizes only. Once in awhile you find a nice helmet or cap in a big size.

Haha, yep, I do have a small head, as hard as it may be to believe, I am only 15 years old. But don't start yellin at me for that! I figure, there's no better time to start a collection than the present. So far, all I have is an m1 in really good condition, along with the liner, however with a repro liner chinstrap and nape strap, although I will someday complete the helmet with a period liner chinstrap and nape strap. Maybe by then I'll have this prized helmet, and others too. I can't imagine someday having an extensive collection like other members on this forum such as yourself! Hopefully by the time I am older and am able to make decent money, there will still be lots of this stuff around like there seems to be now, I really wouldn't want to miss out on having an awesome collection like this.

?

Excellent, no need to apologize for the age. I envy the collection you'll have in a few short years. Try to save your money and buy a few good representative examples rather than a lot of cheaper poor condition stuff that you'll have to upgrade as time goes on anyway. I started collecting about 15 years ago and only really got serious in the last few years. i used to think the stuf would not be around anymore either but collections tend to recirculate. trust me you'll have the collection you want in time. Nice chatting gotta go. Good luck and make sure to post any additions to your budding collection. this is a great forum and the perfect place to learn. Cheers, Al.

check out my post of Baer's Helmet book in the for sale section,,,MM

The helmet put up for discussion is one of the finest helmets I have seen for a long time.

The site which it comes from has a good reputation.

As for the price? Well find another one

And because you won't, that's why it is that price. You must always pay a premium to get the best, and this is no exception. $1500 is not out of the way

A welcome addition to any collection

Nice helmet, and the seller is a decent guy. I have spoken to him a number of times over the past few years, but haven't bought anything from him yet, as I haven't needed the items that he had when I had the money to spend. He has REAL stuff though, and I am sure will stand by his merchandise in the future. The current price on this lid is a little steep, but if it doesn't sell he may post a reduced price in the future, as he has with other offerings on the site. The question is whether $1,800 is worth it to you to have a top shelf M40 SD Heer now, or risk losing it to another buyer. The others who have mentioned prices are about right in my experience. Decent M40 Heer helmets go from anywhere between $800 (if you are extremely lucky!) and $1,500. Good luck and good hunting, and beware, the prior note that this hobby is an addiction is an understatement. I keep telling my wife the the last helmet I bought will be the last, and mean it until, like last Sunday, someone shows up with a late war no decal fallschirmjager helmet for a fair price that I just couldn't pass up. That makes 3 para's on the shelf, a battle damaged DD (a 5 inch non displaced concussion crack on the top and "death cut" straps) and 2 no decals. I swear I will stop - I can anytime I want, but...
    Well, enough from me. Jim G.

hauptmansmith
    ?

Legit-most certainly
    Overpriced-I assure you...

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I swear I will stop - I can anytime I want, but...
    Well, enough from me. Jim G.
    Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast