Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wehrmacht helmet: original or fake??

Article about: Hi all! I need your help to find out if this helmet is original or not, the price was 220 euros (i think a very good deal), and apparently had been in an attic, you think that the decals are

Default Re: Wehrmacht helmet: original or fake??

I am surprised that the person Jim sold it to, did not mention that in a reply to this thread!
    If it is a real liner and strap that have been added to a relic, that is not too bad, but if they are copies that have been added, then these facts -which ever the case- should have been disclosed when it was sold on.

Jerry

PS. I found a load of german stuff in the back of a cupboard once, but it was me who put it there!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht helmet: original or fake??
    P
    Many

?

Yeah , nice one Jim, i wanted to say something earlier about the liner, from the pics shown, i noticed that there was a distinct stitch line around the edge and also, where are the 5 vent holes, now with what yuour saying it does appear as a put together helmet for the sake of making a profit, 220 euros, no way , get your money back friend or just pay for the shell, no more than 50-60 euros.

Thank you all for your answers!!

the truth that I was very surprised with the amount of German helmets on the net is someone on this forum have had this helmet!

I have not bought the helmet yet, (It's sell by a guy in Germany) was waiting to see your opinions on it, and now that the shell and the decal appears to be original but the leather no, (or at least not corresponds with that helmet) i don't know what do?!?!

is a good price (now that we know more things of the helmet) 220 with shipping??

thank again for all!!

Quote by williamsong View Post
    Thank you all for your answers!!

the truth that I was very surprised with the amount of German helmets on the net is someone on this forum have had this helmet!

I have not bought the helmet yet, (It's sell by a guy in Germany) was waiting to see your opinions on it, and now that the shell and the decal appears to be original but the leather no, (or at least not corresponds with that helmet) i don't know what do?!?!

is a good price (now that we know more things of the helmet) 220 with shipping??

thank again for all!!
    The shell and the decal are 100% original. Helmets do go through so many hands very quickly these days, sometimes they develop stories on the way too. Strange that this one has ended up back in Germany. As for what to do next, that is entirely up to you my friend. But I would ask for more detailed photo's of the liner and that chinstrap before proceeding. If they are original items put into the relic shell then it might be worth bartering with the guy, original chinstraps and liners go for a small fortune on their own these days.

?

Is it possible that the chin strap is ww1 design?

i wouldn t buy a helmet from a liar though

Quote by stalingradshadow View Post
    Yes they are?
    But what bearing does this have on this thread?
    sorry I'm a little confused

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2