Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What the...?

Article about: I would assume this helmet is much more valuable than a standard one. Because I would think for this particular example that the decals were added during the war by a GI or very soon after.

Default Re: What the...?

I would assume this helmet is much more valuable than a standard one. Because I would think for this particular example that the decals were added during the war by a GI or very soon after. If someone did this now with a good helmet and good original decals that would be a complete waste. But seeing as the time period is was done in It would be a very rare asset to anyone's collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What the...?
    P
    Many

And for all we know this could have been done by a German soldier who worked in a field supply post! Who just wanted to be funny or make a joke. :P

Quote by SteveR View Post
    You guys will probably think I am crazy but I really like it.
    It is an outstanding piece of soldiers art.
    Steve
    Agreed this is a really unique piece of militaria

Thanks

Danny

?

Personal preference. I wouldn't care to have it in my collection and wouldn't pay as much as a straight SD. Others would love it.

Delirium
    ?

Post war joke. They have to many decals unused after 1945. Have seen such art work in Germany in privat collection

Coool Looking but incorrect. I would put it in my collection but not pay premium dollars for it.

?

I like the air recognition theory myself!!!

Quote by Delirium View Post
    Post war joke. They have to many decals unused after 1945. Have seen such art work in Germany in privat collection
    i aggree with Delirium for 100%.additional decals on helmet shows clearly visible traces of drying out and crack,s-typical condition i saw on decals wich been laying somwehre,before glood on helmets.i believe it,s veteran or dealers joke,and nothing more. I try to imagine ss jacket with 7-8 sleeve eagles-NONSENSE!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2