Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What about this LW DD winter camo?

Article about: Hi all! I see for sale this Luftwaffe winter camo double decal, and i'm thinking of buy it, but i'm not sure about the camo and the originality, and as always that i have my doubts, I come t

Default What about this LW DD winter camo?

Hi all! I see for sale this Luftwaffe winter camo double decal, and i'm thinking of buy it, but i'm not sure about the camo and the originality, and as always that i have my doubts, I come to you for show you and know your opinions, it's a good one? (i'm not sure if its winter camo or another one, looks too dark, right?)

Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What about this LW DD winter camo?
    P
    Many

Is the inner crown painted white?

It seems, right? it makes me a little suspicious (Why would anyone use camo inside...)
    Maybe it's just dirt, I do not know ..!

Yeah, it looks like it to me, as though the liner was removed when it was painted?? Also some of the rust looks reddish on my screen, like fairly new rust, just my opinion though.

Some of the guys on here have snow camo lids in their collections so would be more qualified to comment than me

Chris

?

Looks like it was painted recently to my eyes......

Just for comparisons sake, this is a repro lid I painted and buried in my garden for 2 years.... I'm sure with a little bit more work I could make this look convincing

Posted for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What about this LW DD winter camo?  
    Last edited by AMTG; 01-30-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Helmets buried in your garden? Now that is a hard core collector lol

?

Well, we had to rent our property out, and this lid being a repro, figured I'd do an experiment, I painted it with Tamiya paint and dug a hole.....it had a repro liner in it, which the aluminium disintegrated on, and fell out of the lid.....now it just sits in the garden and my 3 year old plays soldier with it

Wow! with only 2 years burried in your garden, looks like a period helmet!

I think i'm gonna let it go, if we have doubts about it, like we are saying... better save the money than later repent

PS: i have one snow camo helmet (the one in my profile photo) and the white is not the same color (no way) but i have seen diferent types of winter camo, i suppose they never use the same kind of paint on it, anyway, this one looks "extrange"...

Hello , I have to say that I do not think this is period applied cammo. As has already been noted , it appears to be painted inside also , yet there is no paint where the pins would have been? Who would remove the liner for painting then go "around" the area where the pins should be?? I think it is completely artificially aged and that "pin" area of paint was removed as an after thought. Leon.

Hi Leon! yes your completly right, it's a shame, but it seems that is a artificially aged...

This hobby is getting harder every day... a lot of fakers out there