Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What is a better investment?

Article about: I have a question. What is a better investment, and I know this can be bias due to me posting to the helmet forum side. collection helmets or firearms? I know with helmets and firearms there

I see the thread is not dead. I have read a lot of great comments. As seen on this thread I did buy the p38 and am working on another one. I also last month added a all matching type 99 rifle.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is a better investment?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    I think people are answering two different questions.
    The one question is what will go up in value more, firearms or helmets?
    The second question is what should you buy/collect?
    I still say guns will appreciate in value more. Militaria will go up and down.
    Just my opinion.
    As for what to buy, obviously buy what makes you happy.
    I can tell you though I have never lost money on guns whereas Militaria I have.
    So IMHO if you are looking at it as an investment buy guns.
    Agreed Anton67,

Guns will always hold value...and probably do better than mutual funds. Have less than maybe $300 into them from buys in the late 70s and 80s by my family. They are 2 matching and 1 one with mismatched bolt German. Now they are doubled, tripled and quadrupled. No doubt guns are a safer bet. With the US also getting tough on guns who knows how priceless they may become.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

unless the gun is a top end collector piece there is a ceiling on them. But long term investing in a diversified portfolio of stock and high quality bonds (yes, even during 08 and 09 if you didn't bail at the bottom and sit out the rally) is always the best approach...JMHO LoL

Yes way off topic.....

That said...I own all three so I'm pretty well hedged on the downside no matter what....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

As a eccentric collector who doesnt like money at all, i am happy i collect purely with my heart. (you know- that black dried out raisin in the chest)

Buuuuuuut I bet i would have been far better of if i had been investing all these years as well. (yes its allowed to laugh of me)

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    As a eccentric collector who doesnt like money at all, i am happy i collect purely with my heart. (you know- that black dried out raisin in the chest)

Buuuuuuut I bet i would have been far better of if i had been investing all these years as well. (yes its allowed to laugh of me)
    Yeah Buddy! Good job man! Spend it cause you can't take it with.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4