Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What did I miss out on?

Article about: It's for sale here now; World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE! In Dave's pics the liner looks ok. These pics the whole thing looks awful. Pics can make or break a helmet. That said

?

Default Re: What did I miss out on?

It's for sale here now;

World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!

In Dave's pics the liner looks ok. These pics the whole thing looks awful. Pics can make or break a helmet. That said I'd like to see this in hand. I bet the price has ratcheted up somewhat since it was considered a near freebie lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What did I miss out on?
    P
    Many

?

WOW ! are those prices for real on that website !!!!!

Gary J.

Some nice lids, but as you say it's sell all the jewelrey time.To be fair though,this helmet lark is going up so fast that if you hold onto a decent lid for a couple of years those prices will seem quite reasonable!!

Well, if thats the same helmet on Dave's site, than perhaps Giz has a reason to not be "over it." I'd be heartbroken if I missed that lid and saw it there for that price on another site.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's for sale here now;

In Dave's pics the liner looks ok. These pics the whole thing looks awful. Pics can make or break a helmet. That said I'd like to see this in hand. I bet the price has ratcheted up somewhat since it was considered a near freebie lol.
    Now I remember why it looked familiar.....LOL.

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's for sale here now;

Ok, I've recovered from the shock... I think.

Assuming that Dave was the one who bought it online, good on him for wading through all the crap on ebay/ craigslist and finding one that is good. Based on the convo that the guy had with my parents... he only made a few hundred dollars on it.

Wow... that would have been great freebie!

This just goes to show you that a good quality picture is worth a thousand words... or in this case, a few thousand DOLLARS!

We need to archive this thread and use it as an example for people who chronically post crap photos of their items.

Sellers on CL don't always understand the quality of photos we require to authenticate and make decisions. Sometimes trying to get decent pics is like trying to pull teeth. And waiting on better pics may cause you to lose out on an item. It's happened to me. That's why I mainly search for local items, therefore I travel to the seller and can see the item in hand if need be.

?

We need to archive this thread and use it as an example for people who chronically post crap photos of their items.

Absolutely!

For reference. Only one of the items below is a camera.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What did I miss out on?   What did I miss out on?  

Last edited by aj4010; 09-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I'm glad this one has found its way into the collecting world, but $3450 is a little ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast