Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What do i have?

Article about: by ww2relicsandcollectables i like the fact it has a label inside i have never seen that before..and the writing is the owners initials the decals are very nice ... i wonder what the label s

Default Re: What do i have?

Cheers Rene like Eric said it was a post war issue firemans lid but i thought i could make it a bit Sexier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do i have?
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Sorry SunsetIE
    That I got off track, lovely example and one type I don't have! I guess you do not have the neck flap? the pointed tabs at the rear are for that.
    No problem at all, im quite used to bickering on other non militaria forums i belong to. And no, i unfortunately do not have the neck flap, nor does my dad have any recollection of ever seeing one with the helmet!

I was fooling around with the macro mode on my camera earlier and decided to take some better shots of the decals! I also recently noticed some writing on the pad, it looks to be 4 letters long, the first being H and the last being L, im not sure of the rest, perhaps Heil?

Let me know what you gentlemen think!
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?
    What do i have?

?

Ill have to dig out my (different) helmet with a comb.....

Definitely a Police helmet.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Ill have to dig out my (different) helmet with a comb.....
    Im interested to see it!

i would say its a firemans helmet having been a collector of these for many yrs on & off..its a ali helmet with a blackout paint over so the comb doesn't shine against the fire when the bombers are over head and also think about it would you like to be wearing a steel helmets fighting fires.....if it was a police helmet the owner would of taken the comb off...i like the fact it has a label inside i have never seen that before..and the writing is the owners initials the decals are very nice ...
    wayne

?

It has a comb but is quite a different helmet

Hi welcome to the forum as previously stated Fire/Police helmet WW2 era, the leather tabs around the liner are for attaching a neck guard. Its nice that is was a family member who acquired it. I am on the lookout for one if you ever decide to part with it. All the best

A very nice helmet
    I personally think these helmets are a bit underrated, as they probably saw a lot of (bombing) action.

Here's my M34, someone wrote "FF" in the liner (Freiwillige Feuerwehr perhaps?)
    And a picture I found of an M34 somewhere in the Netherlands...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do i have?   What do i have?  

What do i have?  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast