MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?

Article about: Hello Forum, So, there is a dealer that claims to have an Helmet (Which he says is an M40) with only the National Decal left. I´m not shure what i should think... the Paint looks like an Ori

Default What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?

Hello Forum,
    So, there is a dealer that claims to have an Helmet (Which he says is an M40) with only the National Decal left.
    I´m not shure what i should think... the Paint looks like an Original Feldgray paint, but i have no idea if the decal is original, it seems odd to me that only the National decal survived, but the seller claims he restored the helmet by removing an newer layer of paint which i believe could be atleast true for the feldgray paint. He says its an M40 shell, but the vent holes look weird for a helmet of this type and it could also be an M35 i guess.
    My Question is: What do you think of the Decal?

What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?
    What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?

Thank you very much for your answers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this Ex-Double Decal Steelhelmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The photos are really sub par and not large enough.

But from what I can see.....the paint is not original (if it is trying to be an M35 Luft). I think I see the remnants of a luft decal in one photo
    There are what looks like to be two NS decals as well as red paint either under or over them.

There is so much manipulation to the helmet, especially around the decal, I can't even opine on the originality of the decals but even if they were real (which I doubt), they most likely were applied post war

This is a totally messed with helmet and one to walk away from

Would be nice to see a photo of the interior.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've seen that one up for sale aswell, definitely one to steer clear of.
    Even if paint and decal were original it'd still be a dug out decal by the looks i.e. not all that nice to have in your collection because it doesn't look that nice IMO.
    But MAP has actually said everything that needs to be said already
    Luis

Yes, i think the interior will look worse, no Photos of the inside is always weird.... thank you though. I thought that the helmet looked suspicious.