Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

what do you think about this helmet?

Article about: The liner looks authentic enough to me , what youve got to remember is that us old cynics sometimes find it hard to believe that something can look totally genuine but we have an inherrent d

?

Default Re: what do you think about this helmet?

The liner looks authentic enough to me , what youve got to remember is that us old cynics sometimes find it hard to believe that something can look totally genuine but we have an inherrent doubt in our minds because the fake makers are getting really good and unless we have trhe thing in our hands we can only offer opinions The only truly authentic helmets would be if we had them given to us by the man that wore them,sometimes liners were changed in the field ,they would be newer looking than the helmet itself and possibly wouldnt age as per the helmet albeit there may be a couple of years differance, the liner rivets look fine to me and i can see remains of the original paint on them , but again these could have been changed with the newer looking liner and they might not be the same colour.The one thing i do know is that not all the experts know everything but on this site they come bloody close and even after 45yrs of collecting i still am learning from the guys on this site

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think about this helmet?
    P
    Many

Thanks for replying.

Yes i agree it can be hard to see on the picture if its real or fake. Best is to see it with you own eyes.
    Yeah you always learn something new everyday on this forum

Let's say if I wanted to sell this helmet, what would be a reasonable price for it?
    /Farradin

?

It looks fine to me rgds Dave

ttom564
    ?

this is a good m35 with an original liner and chin strap.

jh92
    ?

Agreed looks good!

?

I reckon a good price would be around the £300-320 mark but it all depends on the day; I wouldnt let it go for less than £295 but dont foget this is without seeing the helmet, it might go for more once someone has the feel of it in their hands,.

Thanks for replying!

Okey that seems like a good price for it . But don't think that I will sell it yet.
    But someday i might need the money

Was it possible that it might had SS runes on both sides? Because it is both parts of white and black on both sides of the helmet.

/Farradin

?

By the way just thought id mention the the right chin strap is backwards it needs to have the black leather on the outside, not the way youve got it. Sorry, the left chinstrap .

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    By the way just thought id mention the the right chin strap is backwards it needs to have the black leather on the outside, not the way youve got it. Sorry, the left chinstrap .
    Yeah, but even those slave laborers made mistakes. I've seen undisturbed originals that have had this slight "flaw". I would still put on my display shelf.

Steve Z.

?

I've noticed that often the helmets refurbed by the Norwegians often appear to be done on a 'by helmet" process. Most of the ones I've run across seem to be consistent with the original configuration. I've seen several M35 refurbs that conform to the original issue, i.e., either the original unreinforced or reeinforced M31 aluminum liner, correct M40 configuration or M42. Was each original helmet disassembled, stripped, repainted, leather dyed, etc. then reassembled? It doesn't appear that all helmets were taken apart, thrown into a pile, and just "mixed and matched" on a random basis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast