MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What do you think about these M34 helmets???

Article about: Hey guys i have been offered these two M34 helmets, i just want two know if these are in fact genuine German ww2 items and what they may be worth? Thank you all for your time

?

Default Re: What do you think about these M34 helmets???

Yes. The bottom helmet is probably worth a little more than 50GBP so if that is the price, and you like the items, take them.
    I will try to identify the top helmet later.

Regards

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about these M34 helmets???
    P
    Many

?

Both helmets are civil fire/police helmets, the small leather tabs at the rear are for securing a neck protector , the top one looks similar to a civic curved dip the bottom helmet is a civic square dip, as Bob stated, they usually have police decals, but for some reason these dont, i would say each helmet is worth about £120-140, a little more if they had decals

Both are civic fire helmets.
    Top one looks to have a post war liner (and liner rivets) and is probably post war - check if there is a DIN 14940 mark on the inner rear apron - this would definitely put it as post-war.
    Bottom one is an original pre-war or early war M34 -looks like its made of aluminium - it has the plates attached where the aluminium comb would have been before many of them were removed in 1940 - there also appears to be a makers mark - posssibly BXF - the only unusual thing is the chinstrap attachment - most were riveted directly to the cardboard liner band.
    Average price would be from $50 to $150 so 25 pound each would be a reasonable price - although I once bought a post war fire helmet for EUR6.90 on Ebay! Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2