Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

what do you think of this now.

Article about: I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the "somewhat"....personally, I think you've taken a fairly scarce German Naval helmet and basically destroyed it. It's a shame that you didn't as

Default Re: what do you think of this now.

If I said something that was taken as offensive, I do apologise.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think of this now.
    P
    Many

hi all.
    i hope nobody thinks ive taken any offense .i put the post up for people to comment on ,i got that and i thank you all i understand peoples feelings when maybe someone like myself does something like this. but this site is great im happy with my helmet . and too one and all keep it going this is a very informative and helpfull site cheers.

I think the first question anyone should answer positively before they attempt a restoration should be "Can I make it look like it did during the war".
    99% of restorations fail to accomplish this so what's the use in trying.

Put effort in buying a helmet that doesn't need fiddling and you'll be the happier man for it (and yes the poorer man as well).

Just my opinion.

Hi, The helmet could look a lot better - Give the outside a coating of renaissance wax and it should bring the cleaned up area to a matt semi gloss state and bring the original colour out more - it will look better and make the difference between the decal and the cleaned area less obvious. Here are before and after shots of an M42 with the black Czech paint removed. Cheers Terry
    what do you think of this now.what do you think of this now.

cheers Terry were can I buy the wax,

I buy direct from the makers:

Renaissance Wax | www.picreator.co.uk

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade just ordered from amazon,,,,, cheers guys,

Quote by tbk0000 View Post
    Hi, The helmet could look a lot better - Give the outside a coating of renaissance wax and it should bring the cleaned up area to a matt semi gloss state and bring the original colour out more - it will look better and make the difference between the decal and the cleaned area less obvious. Here are before and after shots of an M42 with the black Czech paint removed. Cheers Terry
    what do you think of this now.what do you think of this now.
    The problem with post war paint or lacquer removal is that you can never get the real color back. It will always be too light in color so not representative anymore of the period.

Hi Terry,
    Nice before and after shot of the 42, it came out good, I can see what schwerpunkt is saying but on the other hand no helmet from either ww1 / 2, will ever look like it did in that period as it has wear and tear. No helmets we have is in the original state that it started with. but Griffinz is trying to make this helmet look as good as he can
    after some plank varnished it. I for one would have removed the varnish to, the Wax should do the job in darkening the paintwork and bringing it back to some sort of originality, and the decal wont show so much.
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Terry,
    Nice before and after shot of the 42, it came out good, I can see what schwerpunkt is saying but on the other hand no helmet from either ww1 / 2, will ever look like it did in that period as it has wear and tear. No helmets we have is in the original state that it started with. but Griffinz is trying to make this helmet look as good as he can
    after some plank varnished it. I for one would have removed the varnish to, the Wax should do the job in darkening the paintwork and bringing it back to some sort of originality, and the decal wont show so much.
    dave.
    Thanks your right,I would never pay good money for something then try too ruin it,but I want it to look correct it will once it's waxed like you said.i bought it from an auction house blindly but I'm happy with it now

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast