Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this helmet?

Article about: Any info would be great or opinion.

Default What is this helmet?

Any info would be great or opinion.What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this helmet?

Chris, it looks like a super rare Australian Model 54 platypus helmet ! with that beak !
    to be serious.....looks like a current Indian copy, thats been left to rust.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very extraordinary! Unfinished M16 or M18?

What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?What is this helmet?
    Quote by oradour View Post
    Chris, it looks like a super rare Australian Model 54 platypus helmet ! with that beak !
    to be serious.....looks like a current Indian copy, thats been left to rust.
    Prost ! Steve.

The guy is selling it for a good price and he say it was a battlefield found M16.

Chris, IMO it seems to be "imitating" the so-called "square dip" M16 an early manufactured helmet (by Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz and will be mm "ET"), so called for the severe transition from visor to skirt, this design was altered to a more smoother transition, as it was found that the "square dip" caused fractures/stress cracks to occur. I still dont like this helmet and think that it is a modern copy left out to rust (or with accelerated rust!) the shape just isnt right, I show this helmet alongside a genuine "square dip" for comparison.....notice the size of the visor and shape of the dome.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this helmet?  
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this helmet? 

Quote by oradour View Post
    Chris, IMO it seems to be "imitating" the so-called "square dip" M16 an early manufactured helmet (by Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz and will be mm "ET"), so called for the severe transition from visor to skirt, this design was altered to a more smoother transition, as it was found that the "square dip" caused fractures/stress cracks to occur. I still dont like this helmet and think that it is a modern copy left out to rust (or with accelerated rust!) the shape just isnt right, I show this helmet alongside a genuine "square dip" for comparison.....notice the size of the visor and shape of the dome.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you Steve,I will stay away from that helmet.I do see what you are talking about. Great info with very good detail.