Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this helmet?

Article about: Is this helmet an original German M40 used by the Danish post-war or is it Danish made? link: Original D

Default What is this helmet?

Is this helmet an original German M40 used by the Danish post-war or is it Danish made?

link: Original D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this helmet?
    P
    Many

CF is the Danish letters for civil defense - Civil Forsvaret. I have only seen this on M1 clones from 1948 but maybe these were interim examples using the Stahlhelm style? NH

Hi, please upload the images to the forum, the thread will become obsolete without them in the future when the link dies. Leon.

Sorry Leon. Here you go:

What is this helmet?

What is this helmet?

What is this helmet?

And yes CF is indeed Danish civil defence. I never seen Danish/Scandinavian M40 clones before

Thanks for the images Filip, I must admit I have not seen one like this before. The "ripples" to the surface of the shell, plus the two weld spots that I can see suggest something like a comb was attached to this at some point? I cannot recall seeing a combat grade helmet used with a comb for Civil use, but looking at the interior shot, I do not think that this is a Reich period produced helmet. The rear lot number is clear, but where the makers mark and size would be located, it seems to be more like a "symbol" rather than ET64 or Q66 for example. So for me it is a post war, probably East German made shell.
    As to whether the Danish ever used old Third Reich war stock helmets, I have no idea, I will leave that to those who know more. Leon.

Danish did use German made WWII helmets along with Czechoslovak vz.32/34 for railroad protection / civil defence.