Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What to make of this??? Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42

Article about: Some of you may have already seen this... Obviously I have no intention of trying to acquire this item. I just thought it was an interesting topic for discussion. Not much in the way of phot

?

Thanks Danmark
    I looked for an hour pictures of the Luftwaffe units is tough on-line.

What units were stationed there? maybe this isn't the place. Nunn was responsible for the short tunnel I never knew that before. Personally I think the seller has approached this all wrong, not nearly enough information of course,,,tell show all up front imo.

Regards
    Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42
    P
    Many

?

Hahha... G
    Attached Images Attached Images What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42 

Even with the story i still do not think it makes the helmet worth the 3000 Euros which is being asked.

An item is only ever worth what someone is prepared to pay. I recently quizzed the price tag of £25,000 placed on a 'rare' 1914 war office map of Europe which the seller (on eBay) said showed the 'four landing beaches'. Some sellers really do get carried away with their descriptions on there, but not all of them actually know that much about what they really have. They just presume its mega rare!

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Even with the story i still do not think it makes the helmet worth the 3000 Euros which is being asked.
    Just imagine the story if Charlie Snyder got hold of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Its a hell of a story that's for sure.... And I'm having a hell of a time trying to use this forum on my tablet for the first time.. Back to the laptop I think...

Quote by DougB View Post
    'Holy Grail' items for the serious helmet or 'Great Escape' collector...

Pass.

btw - Providence is place in Rhode Island. Provenance is the term.
    Haha. Thanks Doug. Me having another one of my increasingly common extremely dumb moments

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Its a hell of a story that's for sure.... And I'm having a hell of a time trying to use this forum on my tablet for the first time.. Back to the laptop I think...
    This is not a good forum for the iPad I have found. Works better if you use the forum specific App this forum works under but I cannot remember the name of the App.

?

Haha. Thanks Doug. Me having another one of my increasingly common extremely dumb moments
    NO worries

I am glad someone understood my reply was meant to be lighthearted and not an insult to humanity.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Just imagine the story if Charlie Snyder got hold of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sure he could get the helmet Q Tip Certified. Then it would for sure be real.

Good to see you back. Jim G.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast