Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is the spliced liner?

Article about: Hi all! Im seing this term on lots of forums, but ive never knew what that means. Is it a particular version of the leather or?

Default What is the spliced liner?

Hi all! Im seing this term on lots of forums, but ive never knew what that means. Is it a particular version of the leather or?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is the spliced liner?
    P
    Many

Hi, my "interpretation" of the term is when two separate pieces of leather have been used in the liners construction, rather than one continuous piece. They are rarer to see but that's because there are only two ends to a strip of leather. If you had enough leather to say go as far as six fingers, you would machine another piece to the end to complete the full length/amount of fingers. Waste not want not! Leon.

It's when two smaller pieces of leather were cut and put together to make a single liner. Not the stitching as seen on every liner, but a glued seam somewhere else on the leather in addition to the stitch. A resource saving measure.

Thats what i thought! Thank you

Here is a 9 fingered liner in a size 68 shell, so I assume it is size 60 liner. It has been fabricated with 3 pieces of leather, with 2 laminated seams and one stitched seam. This is one of those so called spliced liners. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is the spliced liner?   What is the spliced liner?  

What is the spliced liner?   What is the spliced liner?  

Last edited by helmet2id; 06-30-2014 at 11:53 AM.

?

Question answered, nothing I can add

Brad.

Here is another "spliced" liner in a size 68 shell, also made out of 3 pieces with 2 laminated seams and one stitched seam which are very easy to see. Sorry about the picture quality, but if you double click on the photo it helps. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is the spliced liner?