Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What are these helmets worth #2

Article about: Take a few good pictures of the WW1 types, ( including the inside ) and do this also with the Tropenhelm ( this way we can determine if its german or italien ) perhaps they are worth somethi

?

Default Re: What are these helmets worth #2

Take a few good pictures of the WW1 types, ( including the inside ) and do this also with the Tropenhelm ( this way we can determine if its german or italien ) perhaps they are worth something.
    all german repainted onces are well enough for flowers, i say 5 buck each.
    Take the advise of the rest: take good pictures and dont buy trash....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are these helmets worth #2
    P
    Many

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by col james View Post
    its hard to tell but the majority look like there missing liners as the rivits are clearly missing i can see a couple of italian m33 's athough they could be post war or even bulgarian clones ive purchased a few helmets from the good old US of A via a certain internet auction site , so they might end up in some lucky europeans hands i think your best off looking for complete original unplayed with items ,quality not quantity is my advice the last helmet photo reminds me of a lobster pot
    What if I buy them for $10 each? I am not talking about spending A LOT of money here.

10$ would be a good price ,but I would like to see more pictures .Helmet collectors would pass on them because they are really not what people are looking for are you trying to sell them or buy them..I would really like to see more pictures from those ww1 helmets.It is very hard to sell helmet that have been repainted.

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Sorry if I offended you Europeans with my desire to find out what these helmets are worth IN THE USA! I don't really care that they are worthless in Europe, because I don't plan on selling them there. Maybe they are virtually worthless in the USA, too, but I would appreciate it greatly if USA collectors would give me their opinions. I don't own them yet.
    I'll give you 1000$ for the lot , shipping on you.

Joe from Kentucky

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I'll give you 1000$ for the lot , shipping on you.

Joe from Kentucky
    I'll get back with you after the auction - IF I buy them. Who knows? some moron may buy them ALL for $100 each!

Any helmet is worth something to somebody, one or two look like they might be better than the rest but like the pros say, individual photo's are needed, pick out the ones that are untouched.

It looks like some of them might be worth a few pretty pennies but just as everyone else said, we would have to look at detailed pictures of each individual one. The oddly painted shells look like they could be original shells at least, in which case you could turn into a bunch of refurb projects if you have the extra time, money, knowledge, and dedication. Fix them up and sell them to reenactors.

ww2fotos
    ?

What are these helmets worth #2What are these helmets worth #2
    Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I'll get back with you after the auction - IF I buy them. Who knows? some moron may buy them ALL for $100 each!
    Here's a better photo of the Luftschutz & Tropenhelm.

Quote by bowlin7178 View Post
    Any helmet is worth something to somebody, one or two look like they might be better than the rest but like the pros say, individual photo's are needed, pick out the ones that are untouched.
    Yes, all have some value, even the shells.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Looks like a WW1 helmet in the back there has some writing on the shell, should get a closer pic of that one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast