Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What are these helmets worth #2

Article about: Take a few good pictures of the WW1 types, ( including the inside ) and do this also with the Tropenhelm ( this way we can determine if its german or italien ) perhaps they are worth somethi

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: What are these helmets worth #2

Quote by qotd View Post
    Looks like a WW1 helmet in the back there has some writing on the shell, should get a closer pic of that one.
    The photo of the WW 1 is not very clear as far as the writing goes. It no doubt was done by a vet.

2. # ADS

?

That is really very nice, I reckon you could get $300 - $350 for that at least, well thats what I would pay for it. Interesting helmet, nice solid shell, nice history, even without the liner it is unique!

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by qotd View Post
    That is really very nice, I reckon you could get $300 - $350 for that at least, well thats what I would pay for it. Interesting helmet, nice solid shell, nice history, even without the liner it is unique!
    Now that's what I wanted to hear - no more of that "flower pot" stuff! I'll keep you in mind IF I win it!
    Last edited by ww2fotos; 10-28-2010 at 01:59 AM.

?

I mean, I like all helmets, even the shells. And yes some of the sheels look like they have been stripped back and repainted, which means they would lose some value, but....I mean if your after some helmets to restore either with original bits or repro for display or reenacting, they would be a good start, an honest clean shell can also be appealing, I would be prepared to pay $50 - $100.00 for a shell like that, but thats just me. And who knows you could have some larger helmet shells there that are harder to find and therefore to a reenactor with a larger head size would be worth more.

Depending on the liner inside the Luftschutz helmet, I would pay $150 - $200 maybe, it looks nice and used and has great character, the other one that looks like it has been repainted would be around $40 I'd reckon....

Ill be honest hear some of the helmets are kinda not good unfortunately. YET i saw around 8 or 9 helmets that personally are nice to me so its not total junk but when you buy them don't forget your fundamentals! and buy what you like not what other people think its gunna be in your collection you should be happy with it!- Nick K

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Sorry if I offended you Europeans with my desire to find out what these helmets are worth IN THE USA! I don't really care that they are worthless in Europe, because I don't plan on selling them there. Maybe they are virtually worthless in the USA, too, but I would appreciate it greatly if USA collectors would give me their opinions. I don't own them yet.
    The market value is pretty much the same here in North America -- Canada is due North of the USA and not across the pond btw (smile wink) -- as in Europe. I said $0.00 as nobody can tell anything with the photos you have posted.
    Looking at them there is not much value there I am afraid.

Like stated by other members, it hard to price with out good photos of the helmets. I can tell you that restored original German helmets in USA can run from $200 to $350. depending on size. But you got to have good color to the restored helmet and got to know what your doing.

IF they are German helmets are indeed originals, I would suggest you restore them and try to sell to reenactors (got to find away to sell on the Internet). If you are not a restore, sell them to some buddy who does restorations as side business or some one doing a restoration project.

If you cant restore them correctly you will be waisting your time. ( reenactors like every thing correctly done, they want to be VERY VERY accurate doing their impressions, to last stich is some units).

If you want good anwnsers suggest getting those photos on the helmet. then you can get good price range on the lot.
    until then it shot in the dark what they are really worth.

Franz

... It no doubt was done by a vet.
    Is it!??
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Looking at the again picture you provided, i If you did restore the German helmet, you wont sell them fast. it will take time.

Overall if this is the only info you have, and phot been provided

would pass . (unless you can get them for pretty cheap)

The photo of the WW 1 is not very clear as far as the writing goes. It no doubt was done by a vet.
    The writing on this appears to be an address for a "mail Home" and the name of the dough boy sending it home. I love these personalized pieces! Jim G.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast