MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What was your first german helmet?

Article about: Mine was a doulble decal M35 that my dad got from a mate of his in portabello market, it was in pretty good condition except there was no liner,eaten away by mice,, and I cannot remember wha

?

Mine was a doulble decal M35 that my dad got from a mate of his in portabello market, it was in pretty good condition except there was no liner,eaten away by mice,, and I cannot remember what happened to it, now I think of it, that is really bugging me, I daresay it was sold many moons ago like so many pieces when I got married and started having kids

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What was your first german helmet?
    P
    Many

Single Decal Heer M40, EF62. Named to 'Zoeller'. I found some wheat behind the liner band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?  

?

Mine was my M40 SD luftwaffe. It remains my only German helmet to date, but hopefully that will change. Who knows what will come out of the sheds, garages and attics in the coming months.

Mine was this relic M35 double decal recovered from the Narwa front somewhere.

What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?

Hi

Mine was a m35 relic bought for me age 8 in 1976 in the Plaka flea market Athens.

The story goes that I was with my Gran who hated the Germans (apologies to any germans but she was born 1910 and saw a lot of bad things and lost relatives in both wars) and she flatly refused to allow the purchase of any german militaria.

Anyway I kicked up a fuss and was so upset that a couple of the guys in the tour party bought if for me (didn't tell my Gran btw).

On the way back home we were stopped by Customs who asked what was in my hand luggage......came up on the x ray.......well the customs guy asked why I had a hat, told me to wait there and when he came back he gave me a spare customs cap he had in his locker.."to help the hat collection by one " !

Still have the helmet but not the customs peaked cap...........that said I do still like a peaked cap.

cheers

Tony

?

Mine was a hkp64 M40, it had been cleaned of a postwar coat of black, and also a possibly period coat of grey.
    Heavily worn decal (likely from the paint stripping), but with original liner, one original pin, and 2 repro pins added.
    Will most probably never let it go, as I hold it responsible for the addiction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?   What was your first german helmet?  

What was your first german helmet?  

Mine was this SD M-35. I got into World War 2 collecting when I was very young.... rather than spend all my money on toys and video games, I saved and bought things that I loved. My first big purchase was my Springfield M-1 Garand. I bought it for $800 when I was 13 years old. My first German helmet I bought a few years later. I believe that I was around 15 or 16 and I bought it for $600. I saved to buy these pieces of my collection so they are very important to me. Unfortunately since I bought this helmet I have had a lack of funds due to women in my life.... haha. I am in Italy now... found a nice shop in Rome and I am thinking about investing in another helmet or a Fallshirjaeger gravity knife.
    What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?

Default First German Helmet

A repainted and re decaled M-42 by ckl when I was ten 1963 for a whole nine dollars from England my parents helped me get. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2