Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Where does one get helmet stands?

Article about: I'd like some for displaying helmets..,but would rather not pay an arm and a leg if possible! Any suggestions? Thanks, M.

?

Plenty of good ideas around. My single cap and my single lid is sadly in storage crates. So threads like this is always interesting to follow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where does one get helmet stands?
    P
    Many

Monty Python style ,Cheers Paul

?

Thanks everyone for the replies....you guys are making me feel very at home on this forum. I am a fledgling collector, in that my collection is modest, I have been collecting for years. It is nice to know that there is help out there from people who know what they are talking about.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rahllo View Post
    ....It is nice to know that there is help out there from people who know what they are talking about.
    As far as my wife is concerned, I don't know Jack!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Check this link out.
    Post 11 is me and the stands that I make and use. They are cheap and I use them on US and German helmets.
    show those makeshift helmet stands - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, is just use an upturned wine glass! I put a sock over the base for padding. Leon.

"L-E-O-N!!!!! ......... we have guests arriving and I can't find the bloody glasses!!!" GRRR....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

More seriously I use kitchen towel holders and have made my own to the same design. Visor caps are more of a problem as you might have noticed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Actually, here's a cheap and fancy looking solution.
    Grab a piece of cardboard which you can roll. Fit it inside the visor. Hold it and staple both end together.
    Get a piece of white cloth, wrap it on top and around the piece of cardboard and staple that to as well.
    Here's an example with a kepie but will work with visor as well.

?

For me the paper towel holder is the most inexpensive option and all of the componants can be sourced at the local dollar store for around $3.00 Cdn,I build two different variations one constructed from stainless steel and one constructed of bamboo wood.
    I will cut them to the desired length and then attach either a stainless steel bowl and or a bowl that has been produced from pressed and formed bamboo pieces by drilling a hole in the center of the bowl and screwing it to the top of the holder.
    This applies even pressure in the area of the dome as not to damage the liner and or internal componants.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where does one get helmet stands?   Where does one get helmet stands?  

Where does one get helmet stands?   Where does one get helmet stands?  

?

Helmet stands I am making

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast