Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

white-wash camo ?

Article about: Hello all, Is this a Norwegian liner in this setup? William Kramer

Quote by DougB View Post
    Indeed.
    thanks all. The red hue of the liner and the shoe-lace string was the first red flag and why I posted it. For reference, here is a shot of the decal. A big foot perhaps?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture white-wash camo ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement white-wash camo ?
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

It's not a big foot and it's not even a real decal. Not much is good on this helmet, someone went a little overboard trying to age a fake. Best to let this one pass, even the parts don't have much value.

Cheers,
    Terry

No not a Norweign liner this is so misinterpted it is crazy they are brick red will have the brass rivit, underide of toungs will have the red dye and size stamp will be in a circle on the outside of tounges. Snow cammo is a absolute minefield agree someone tried to age this one up. Fake all the way. timothy

Quote by big ned View Post
    What's the opinions on the blow torched finish carefully circumventing the decal and the weird, regular scratching that appears to be trying to look like crazed paint? Is this a rather amateur attempt at ageing the helmet or am I getting the wrong end of the stick, and it's irrelevant....?
    Hi , I didn't bother to comment on the "cammo" as that is plainly faked. Ned is spot on about the artificial "age and wearing". The liner was the question and to me it is period and not Norwegian , I can see why it may be thought that the leather is replaced as it seems to have chunks missing near the rivet edges but some good close ups of that area are needed to be sure. Leon.

?

On the bright side, that one is easy to pick

Brad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2