MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who is the best person to apraise a ww2 german helmet??thankyou

Article about: Hi,i need contact info on someone who is extremely experienced in appraisals of a ww2 german helmet,it needs to be someone with alot of "clout"so that when i get an appraisal the n

Default Re: Who is the best person to apraise a ww2 german helmet??thankyou

Andreas from Brisvegas ....please take note.
    Your last thread was closed and this one will soon follow suit - and all because like the last one, it quickly becomes a slanging match and on this forum that is not on.
    IF you have a super rare, one off helmet that defies all the established norms, then good on you - the problem is ANY appraiser will look to those norms to do his / her appraisal. ANY value your "hybrid" has, is at this point in time in your eyes alone. I am a toolmaker and stamping ANY sheet metal with hundreds of differing size stamps makes no sense and gives it no special collectability ( unless you find someone who adores it as much as you do - good luck! )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is the best person to apraise a ww2 german helmet??thankyou
    P
    Many

?

Ok, do we have an M18, that presumably would have been made before 1933, I do say presumably to be fair....so IF these stamps were applied, they would have been to a formed helmet....

Are there any half stamps around the rim??? If it were made of a flat peice of steel, then formed, I'd....me personaly, would expect to see half stamps around the rim, and more distortion of the RZM marks during the helmet formation process

Sorry, this thread has no future to it.

Enjoy your helmet for what it is.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade. I went to bed early last night, missed the fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2