Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Who called the cops?

Article about: I sure didn't but one showed up! This one formerly belonged to our esteemed colleague, Mr. Doug Buhler. Thank you, Doug, for parting with this one. It's still on the top shelf and safe behin

Quote by DougB View Post
    My new one has not been unveiled yet and I don't want to steal your thunder so unveiled it will stay, for now.

This one you posted is a screamer and it is near impossible to upgrade. Has it all, a personalization, done stamp, nice liner and strap, nearly 100% paint and decals. A keeper, for sure.
    Thank you, Doug. I respect your decision. I look forward with great anticipation to see the helmet that replaced this one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who called the cops?
    P
    Many

Wasn't me!!! nice one, very jealous, but not on the CC debt side

Aaahh One day , One day!! That is such a fantastic looking helmet Todd! I am still waiting for a nice double decal police helmet to come my way. Leon.

A great lid!

If I may suggest, there is a photography technique that you might find useful in addition to your nicely improvised light box.

I imagine you are shooting with a DSLR or point and shoot? If so then you may have access to a focal setting called 'spot focus' or some similar term. If you select this setting then essentially the camera will focus and set its light metering on the center of the subject and anything further behind (like the towel of your light box) will be out of focus and over-exposed giving less (or no) definition to the background. This resulting image will tend to be one of the subject floating against a background of white which if done right can make for a nice shot. You may need to play with the overall exposure setting to compensate if the shots are too light or too dark but I think your helmet could look even better shot in this way.

superb helmet. just got home from a long day. but its looking at helmets like this that ends the nice. thanks for posting.

?

Another visual treat through both the helmet and photos Todd!
    Thank you

Brad.

4md
    ?

Excellent Police DD, a real beauty

Beautiful police helmet.

Very nice helmet!!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris