Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who is so stupid to buy these?

Article about: Heya guys! Well, it turns out that Ebay is selling more and more fake German helmets. Sure, some are real, but if they are then they usually have a rubbish story behind them. I can make my o

?

Default Who is so stupid to buy these?

Heya guys! Well, it turns out that Ebay is selling more and more fake German helmets. Sure, some are real, but if they are then they usually have a rubbish story behind them.
    I can make my own up here:

"Original German WWII helmet brought back from the Battle of the Bulge in relic condition."

Original WW2 German M40 Single Decal Helmet | eBay

Wow! Completely wrong shape, I've seen my fair share of fakes but the ones on Ebay are absolutely astonishingly BAD.

If you cannot open the link for some reason here are the pics:

I've browsed the UK website because I wanted to see if there are any real ones. Turns out not! It's selling for about £400 (or $590)

Please post some horrible fakes that you have encountered on the net.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is so stupid to buy these?
    P
    Many

I would rather kill myself first! These kind of pointless threads have been done to death a thousand times! To the hole with it!!

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Yes, I apologise for the torture. We must only seek real helmets

The original posted lid looks like an original M40 ET shell to me? Liner is possibly good as well. Can't comment on anything else because of the bad photos.

?

Seller doesn't state. This helmet is a fake because of it's shape, if it was real, it would sell for way over $1000! Paint looks post-war to me and the liner is most likely aged. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it let alone almost $600!

I see nothing wrong with the shape of the helmet or the liner, maybe repainted and put together but IMO original components if so. We all know how bad pictures can make the item "fake"

To me there is nothing wrong with the shape of the shell, it is an original TR period ET shell, just my opinion. I wouldn't buy it either and you are correct about the price.

Agree! Can't comment on the liner, chin strap or paint due to picture quality, but shell looks original

I'm confused... disregarding the shoddy photos you posted I don't see what would make a helmet in this configuration supposedly be worth "way over $1000"...? Liner looks good to me, so does the shell --- what makes you say that the liner looks as if it has been "aged"? I don't see anything to support that. Only thing that looks off to me is the domed rivet. I would have said a good M40 no decal, exterior paint oiled or cleaned, with original liner and possibly replaced rivet(s)... the chinstrap is barely visible so I won't comment.

5del, what exactly are you saying about the shape? I can't see anything wrong with it. Just what kind of helmets are you comparing it to? Maybe the one's you are comparing it to are the actual fakes! Obviously we can't see the decal because of eBay rules, so no comment can be passed on that. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to appear rude - which is not my intention. But if you are going to submit posts about 'fake' helmets, it might be best if you actually show a fake helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast