MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Why more Luftwaffe Helmets than Heer?

Article about: I have been following a thread on a Luftwaffe helmet and many guys are saying to wait for a better one since there are more Lufts than Heers. Anyone care to speculate why this might be? I am

MAP
    ?

Quote by IllinoisCornFarmer90 View Post
    Find me an SS helmet will ya!
    nah...it was a nice minty DD camo named and unit marked M38 FJ....that he could save for 70 years and sell to me....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why more Luftwaffe Helmets than Heer?
    P
    Many

I recall chastising my German Oma for not picking up helmets to save for her future grandson, lol...
    Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I recall chastising my German Oma for not picking up helmets to save for her future grandson, lol...
    Glenn
    Oh for a time machine......

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Isn't also that the Army stop using decals and the Luftwaffe continued till the end of the war .

?

I know that when I first started collecting back in the early 70's, I would always see more Luftwaffe helmets for sale at gun & militaria shows than any other type. SS helmets were few and far between.

I got my very first Stahlhelm when I was 10 years old, still living in Germany, btw...it was a Luftwaffe Blue, No Decal M42, Ckl 55...I drove my mother ape-shit for more than a week until she bought it for me...
    cheers, Glenn

I got my first M35 post war green painted when I was in high school, mid 1960s. Still have it. Got my second M35 DD Luftwaffe last year. Its a beaut.

William

MAP
    ?

Still got it Glenn?

Unfortunately no...sold it to a US Army Captain back in '87 before returning to the US...I needed every dollar as I was starting a new life in the US...But that's another story, lol....
    Glenn

Quote by CBH View Post
    Isn't also that the Army stop using decals and the Luftwaffe continued till the end of the war .
    Not at all. They stopped together. Helmets were made in the same factories.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3