Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This will make you cry!

Article about: Last week a mate asked me if I was interessted in a M35 helmet that some dude had in his garage. It was a dubble decal M35, without its liner and was repainted in black, but in really good c

Default Re: This will make you cry!

If indeed that is the original coat of paint underneath, is there 'any' sign that there were decals? If there were I'd think there would be some sort of sanding etc. present. It does look good enough to redo though. It will look good when it's finished.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This will make you cry!
    P
    Many

appie
    ?

I dont think it ever had any decals, I just took a closer look, and it doesn't have any sign of sanding where the decals could be, but not all lids had decals.

It does stink that this has happened. Not everyone has an appreciation for our hobby or the knowledge needed to make educated decisions about artifacts. We are a breed unto our own selves in this hobby. I can imagine the things I must have ruined or thrown out that are valuable to someone in another hobby. Just the other day I ditched a bunch of dolls at Good Will and I got screamed at by a collector of dolls for not letting her go through them first.

Great job of cleaning that up,
    What product did you use? I have cleaned back a few Helmet's using Acetone but care has to be taken not to remove the original paint and/or decal's.All i would do with that one now is polish it mildly with a little Brasso to give it a nice little parade buff

Good work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2