Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

winter camo?

Article about: I just bought this helmet and believe the white paint to post war. I noticed the outline of a luftwaffe adler under the paint. I would like to know if this looks like a recent paint job and

Default Re: winter camo?

They must know it's fake paint and decal.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement winter camo?
    P
    Many

?

I reckon if you stripped that paint you woud be right back to bare shiney metal, with no base colour underneath, i still think its a post war Q unless someone can get the lot no/ and check out the data base

?

Could be post war, as stated Quist made helmets post war for the bundesgrunschutz ( border guards) the early ones are a dead spit for a M40, the only real difference is the size of the vent hole...they were called M 53. I have a Q64 M53, and a Q64 M40 SD Luft

?

post war Q were only made in a size 64. if the Q66 size is on the rear of the skirt its a late war Q

A mirror luft eagle on the right side?? Though I'm sure it's all bad, very probably has been used as a czech black fireman helmet and still has the typical black paint. I'd be suprised if there's any original detail excluding the shell.

?

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    A mirror luft eagle on the right side?? Though I'm sure it's all bad, very probably has been used as a czech black fireman helmet and still has the typical black paint. I'd be suprised if there's any original detail excluding the shell.
    Yep....pretty much one of those black Czech helmets with nothing of interest underneath the paint. It is like a scratch-off lottery ticket.....you might luck out and get something interesting by removing the paint, but not this one........scratching off the paint revealed a "bust".

For <$100 it makes for a good project base if that what you want to do.

The BGS lids are noticeable from a mile off it's definitely a wartime shell. I don't think you'll find any paint or decals under the modern crap though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2