Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

wired helmet relics opinion

Article about: Hi members last night i won an auction of a relic helmet and i would like to have your opinion about it! Should i clean it? i would like to clean it with acid but i wanted some opinions befo

Default wired helmet relics opinion

Hi members
    last night i won an auction of a relic helmet
    and i would like to have your opinion about it!
    Should i clean it? i would like to clean it with acid but i wanted some opinions before doing it
    i'm not fan of relics but i think this one has something special

best regards

wired helmet relics opinionwired helmet relics opinionwired helmet relics opinionwired helmet relics opinionwired helmet relics opinionwired helmet relics opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wired helmet relics opinion
    P
    Many

I say the wires post war added and I have never seen wire like this on a helmet and is that white stuff paint?

MAP
    ?

Will not profess to be an expert in relics (although I have a few), but there is something that strikes me as odd.

Why would the string/twine not have rotted away while the liner has completely disintergrated. The twine doesn't even show age to it (from what I can see).

Oh, and whats with the bird droppings?

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hello
    it's not white paint lol .
    it's feces from pigeons or something like that ,it seems that this helmet stayed outside for a long time and birds use it to shit on it !
    about the helmet it was found like that with that wire on it !it's an untouched one.
    the rust on the wire and on the helmet are really matching .
    i think the wire was there since war maybe field made .
    regards

With the bird droppings on it I'd say it was sitting outside for a while, maybe trying to age that wire

i'll try to make some more pics of it when i have it in hand !
    the wire and the helmet are not made from the same material i think .that's why there are difference in the rust attack i guess
    from what i see the wire that is in contact with the shell is more affectected by rust than the one that is not touching it
    i can be wrong ^^

MAP
    ?

Quote by darkmyst View Post
    hello
    it's not white paint lol .
    it's feces from pigeons or something like that ,it seems that this helmet stayed outside for a long time and birds use it to shit on it !
    about the helmet it was found like that with that wire on it !it's an untouched one.
    the rust on the wire and on the helmet are really matching .
    i think the wire was there since war maybe field made .
    regards
    The aging of the wire does not match the heavy rust on the shell, plus the twine would have rotted away. Just my thoughts. I may have been found this way but could be seeded

- - ------- - -

i'll try to make some more pics of it when i have it in hand !
    the wire and the helmet are not made from the same material i think .that's why there are difference in the rust attack i guess
    from what i see the wire that is in contact with the shell is more affectected by rust than the one that is not touching it
    i can be wrong ^^
    Look fwd to more pics and opinions from others.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

just my 2 cent and nothing negative about your comments but
    do you really think someone can waist his time to age a wire to sell it for 50 bucks?
    regards

The helmet was ground dug and you can see it has pitting in it and is very rusty but look at the wire, if that was on the helmet in the ground that wire would be just as rusty as the helmet and it's pretty thin wire so it would be rusted apart in places.

MAP
    ?

just my 2 cent and nothing negative about your comments but
    do you really think someone can waist his time to age a wire to sell it for 50 bucks?
    regards
    No offense taken and don't mind the questions. Creates a good debate.

The helmet is legit IMHO but the aging of the wire just doesnt match. That's all I'm really trying to point out....that there is a disconnect between the two items.

Any do I think someone would do this? Yes. Why would they do that for $50? That I can't answer.

Michael

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast