Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

wired helmet relics opinion

Article about: Hi members last night i won an auction of a relic helmet and i would like to have your opinion about it! Should i clean it? i would like to clean it with acid but i wanted some opinions befo

MAP
    ?

btw......I have a nice Luft helmet with a full coverage twine netting. 100% legit, full liner, decal, etc. Not ground dug. After 70+ years, the twine is extremely brittle. I just don't see how the twine on yours could last while the rest of the helmet is so rusted.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wired helmet relics opinion
    P
    Many

?

I have never seen wire like that, i have found some helmets myself with wire attached- but it was nothing like this. It actually looks like old electricity cable.

I hope it is a good helmet for the current owner, but i do not believe it is pre 45 creation.

thank you for your comments !
    the helmet reminds me a video i've seen on youtube,
    where the helmet were found on trees branches ,the helmets are rusty but the wires are not
    i think the helmet could have been found in the same conditions
    take a look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGGSaGdGQS4
    regards

It would appear that this helmet, or others like it have been on Ebay several times recently using the same photo. The vendor looks to be a Frenchman.......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=...CJuw36XjBQBCug
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

well spotted it's coming from a frecnh antique shop,
    it's the only helmet he has in his items other things are old bikes ,old shell casing,bottles ,etc ^^
    the items found finally a buyer and i'm the one
    regards

?

I've only seen wire like that in the vicinity of strong points fortifications etc heck it was all cleaned up decades ago why a chunk would end up on a helm,,,no idea.

Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    I've only seen wire like that in the vicinity of strong points fortifications etc heck it was all cleaned up decades ago why a chunk would end up on a helm,,,no idea.

Eric
    Hi Eric,

The wire is hand woven, not machine wound. Look how it goes from 4 strand to 3 strand then 2 and even 1 in various random places. It was started at the top of the helmet by twisting different wire together and the bought down to be wrapped around a reinforcing ring of thicker wire. It really doesn't add up to me, and i've been around the stuff all my life.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not for me thanks!...

It's genuine.

An M42 worn by a sniper in the bell tower of Notre Dame cathedral in late August '44, complete with pigeon poop cammo........

no way fake pigeon poop camo! post war added
    it 's clearly tipp-ex added by chinese faker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast