Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

wired helmet relics opinion

Article about: Hi members last night i won an auction of a relic helmet and i would like to have your opinion about it! Should i clean it? i would like to clean it with acid but i wanted some opinions befo

Your gonna have to test it. Close your eyes and stick your moistened tongue out, it's o.k, i've got a peppermint.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wired helmet relics opinion
    P
    Many

i'll try as soon as i have it
    i've heard about this test recently in a book over poop camo
    i know it's very accurate !

but never improve it
    i've got also some view on a camel poop camo dak helmet hope i 'll win it
    i'll tell you (y)

?

Wire is most probably galvanized, thats why it hasn't rusted as much as the steel, as for the twine, I would say added since dug up so it could be hung up in a barn, hence the bird poop. Just my thoughts.

MAP
    ?

Quote by duska View Post
    Wire is most probably galvanized, thats why it hasn't rusted as much as the steel, as for the twine, I would say added since dug up so it could be hung up in a barn, hence the bird poop. Just my thoughts.
    Ahh, maybe it was an egg basket??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ahh, maybe it was an egg basket??

Hi, well that wire looks to be for an old hanging basket if you ask me. Spin it round the other way and the top/rim is level and it has the string "loops" to attach it to the bracket on the wall. Leon.

Non German wire at times can be found period applied on German helmets. I know of several with veteran provenance including one I own which was obtained in the 1960's. At times, a soldier would utilize what he could find in the field. It is easier to determine if period on a non relic helmet. with this piece, who knows?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

well for 50 bucks youve got a nice relic shell, id leave it be ,as long as your happy with it that's all that matters
    Regards James

I would imagine many German helmets would have non-German wire on them. I mean, what's the odds of them making wire specifically to be used on their helmets? Wire is wire to a squaddie, and it doesn't really matter where it comes from when you are in an occupied country does it? Soldiers are experts at utilising what comes to hand. The wire looks such a mess on the helmet that I couldn't really imagine anyone trying to pass that off as the real thing - and so, perversely, it really could be genuine. As for the string, maybe it was to hang it up in the shop... Just my thoughts on it...

Now that I look at it, it does look like a hanging basket!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast