Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

World War 2 Helmet?

Article about: Hi everyone, I was given this helmet as a child i dont have any history about it, was wordering if any body knows what type it is and is it worth anything. thanks new pictures of decals uplo

Default World War 2 Helmet?

Hi everyone,
    I was given this helmet as a child i dont have any history about it, was wordering if any body knows what type it is and is it worth anything.
    thanks

new pictures of decals uploaded..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture World War 2 Helmet?   World War 2 Helmet?  

World War 2 Helmet?   World War 2 Helmet?  

World War 2 Helmet?  
    Last edited by Lisa Walsh; 11-10-2011 at 10:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement World War 2 Helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: World War 2 Helmet?

M40, with probably an original heer eagle decal and liner, but a copy chinstrap and tri colour decal and yes it is worth something, maybe a few hundred.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It appears to be a WW II German M40 double decal helmet. The chinstrap and lace in the liner are not original. The rest does look to be original. More experience helmet collectors will be along to tell you the value. (You should have just posted the photos on your original thread)
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It appears to be a WW II German M40 double decal helmet. The chinstrap and lace in the liner are not original. The rest does look to be original. More experience helmet collectors will be along to tell you the value. (You should have just posted the photos on your original thread)
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.

If it is an original double decal M40, it would be a very rare helmet.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks guys for your help,
    i really dont know who to get in touch with about getting it valued maybe an antique dealer.

?

An antique dealer isnt your best bet, you really need a collector of helmets as if this proves to be a M40 double decal it is a very rare helmet and will be worth a tidy sum, i would wait and see if Jim G , or Frank comment on this and if that chinstrap is an original canvas one , even better

ok thank you dave for the all the good info, hopefully one of those guys will comment, im really curious now to know....

I have a feeling the tri-color was a G.I. or postwar addition. I am of the opinion that there isn't such a thing as a factory-finished double decal Heer M40. However, even though I think that the tri-color is a later addition, they are still quite rare. Others will be able to comment on this better than I can, but I think there are only a small handful of them in the world.

Other than that and the outright weird chinstrap, the helmet looks original.

?

Ok a little more info from Lisa, its a Q64 lot no/ 353 or 358, hopefully this will help to prove either way

Hi Lisa
    Better shots of both decals in Macro mode on your camera are required

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast