Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Would like opinions on this helmet. Thank you.

Article about: Thank you.

Default Would like opinions on this helmet. Thank you.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Would like opinions on this helmet. Thank you.  Would like opinions on this helmet. Thank you. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like opinions on this helmet. Thank you.
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Better, straight on photos of the decals would be necessary to determine their authenticity, IMO.
    Photos of the inside wouldn't hurt either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

From your pic...both decals are reproduction.

Can't say more because I cannot see more

Don't actually have it yet and after reading the comments I won't be purchasing it. Thank you for replying.

I thought so myself. But I am not an expert by any means and figured it would be smart to have people with more knowledge than myself take a look. Thank you.

In Ken & Anders decal book, I found on page 275 a rare type of police eagle decal which might have some similarities as yours. I have never seen this decal in person...it very well may be a rarely seen variant.

If you could get close ups of both decals...we can take a look for comparison. The Nat. colors I have never seen that type either, but does not mean it is a reproduction.

So forgive me for my hasty reply earlier. Until better pics are shown...it is still "up in the air"

Too late. I questioned the decals and the seller went a little nuts. I won't be getting that helmet, I can assure you.

You are better off with out it. This would have been questionable to everyone that saw it.

This particular model helmet is extremely common, though most are black. Find one with more accepted, standard decals. One that you won't have to "second Guess".

The seller has no cause to get nuts because these decals are not seen, so they should be questionable. It's not a standard decal, either one of them

If we can move it into the "Steel Helmet" category...even though it is too late, would be interesting what others say

Quote by real steel View Post
    If we can move it into the "Steel Helmet" category...even though it is too late, would be interesting what others say
    Done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, for a decal set that I have never seen before I find it very odd that both have a horizontal scratch running through them that does not continue in a similar fashion around the helmet?? Personally I have always questioned a "rare" decal type if there is no period photographic images in existence, hence I was never "mugged off" by the SS Champagne. Leon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast