Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would like some opinions on this Heer Helmet decal...

Article about: Hey guys. Thanks for all of your help. Here are a couple more shots of the decal and liner. Again, the owner doesn't seem to "get it" when it comes to the shots I'm requesting, and

?

Default Would like some opinions on this Heer Helmet decal...

Hi all,

I'm considering this Heer helmet and would like some opinions on it, specifically the decal. Any red flags here?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German Helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like some opinions on this Heer Helmet decal...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Would like some opinions on this Heer Helmet decal...

close ups of the decal without a blinding flash might help a bit

The liner of this helmet looks to be one of the re-dyed post war Norwegian ones too...

Thanks

Danny

?

Hi Tom. Thanks for the quick reply. Did you see the second photo of the three? The first does show flash reflection, but the second photo does not.

I've tried to communicate the need for closer (and larger) shots of the decal, but the seller isn't very photo-literate so I doubt I'll be able to get much better.

I'd like to hear some opinions based on the photos I posted if that's possible. If they really aren't good enough then I'll go back to the seller and try again.

Thanks again Tom!
    Dzyner

?

Hi Danny. Here's another shot of the interior. Perhaps this one shows more accurate color. Again, like I mentioned to Tom, the owner is not very good with the camera so color may be off in the photos. If the general consensus from the forum is that this one is too tough to call then I'll likely pass unless I can get it for a steal, or get the seller to ship it to me for personal inspection.

Hi Dzyner,

What is the factory/size stamp and lot number?

This decal type/color looks, to me, similar to the one in post 3 in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...-helmets-2104/
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I agree with Stinschen...this decal looks much too newish. It's a decent looking helmet, but i think the decal has been added postwar and the liner may have been messed with as well. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I could be wrong, but I think the decal looks too... fresh compared to the overall condition/wear of/on the helmet.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The decal stands a chance but a better picture of it is needed. Please post a close-up of it, as well as the maker and lot number. We can move from there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast