Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Would you buy this helmet?

Article about: Found this helmet on my local CL for a small \\$450 His add says - "German M40 Wehrmacht single decal re-issued helmet large size E.F. 66 shell" Except there's only one thing... What

So, does he actually have a helmet like it for sale?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would you buy this helmet?
    P
    Many

No. Giorgio(real seller) gave word to me that this seller was a scam, and if i needed more proof, He'd give me more pictures.
    I have a screenshot of our little conversation downloaded if you'd like one.

Quote by justino2263 View Post
    Not really necessary. There are many scams on CL using photos lifted from forums like this one as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just because the seller used pics from the net doesn't mean the guy who posted on CL doesn't have a helmet for sale, not would Giorgio know this either way. It does seem suspicious though, using a whole series of someone else's item... as opposed to one representative shot.

At the same time, scammers don't usually take the time to apologize, and pull ads.

Ask him if he has a helmet for sale?

ITALIANWARFRONT
    ?

Quote by justino2263 View Post
    No. Giorgio(real seller) gave word to me that this seller was a scam, and if i needed more proof, He'd give me more pictures.
    this helmet is for sale on my site ITALIANWARFRONT: WELCOME TO ITALIANWARFRONT NOT on CL, I never sell anything on CL.
    The CL seller just stole my pictures and removed my name from them.
    Unfortunately this happens quit often

Giorgio

Ridiculous.
    I truly find it despicable for people to pirate other people's pictures and try to sell it as their own, even if they were selling a different item, and needed pictures.
    For those who can't take their own pictures and add proof, or even trying to scam people, shame on you. Those who do this, truly pollute the collecting community.

I hope this can be sorted out, and nothing like this happens again.

Warm Regards,
    Justin

MAP
    ?

Glad you were able to warn Georgio about this scam. But I feel that the scammer will continue. He got caught this time but with no consequences unfortunately

and now you know where it really is for sale!!!

Note: i would recommend you edit your post and remove your personal email address.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Will do!!
    Yes. most likely this will continue.
    Thank you to everyone who helped, and spread their ideas.
    Have a happy holiday to everyone.

Warm Regards,
    Justin

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Just because the seller used pics from the net doesn't mean the guy who posted on CL doesn't have a helmet for sale, not would Giorgio know this either way. It does seem suspicious though, using a whole series of someone else's item... as opposed to one representative shot.

At the same time, scammers don't usually take the time to apologize, and pull ads.

Ask him if he has a helmet for sale?
    Assuming he does have a helmet for sale.....would you honestly want to take the risk
    & buy something off this clown? He's obviously not averse to ripping off somebody
    else's photos & I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for the item to arrive if it
    was actually purchased.

Regards
    Brett

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3