Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww1 camo

Article about: Hello i have question about this camo its orginal ? link to auction

Default ww1 camo

Hello i have question about this camo its orginal ?

link to auction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 camo
    P
    Many

Looks like it's been sprayed with lacquer over the paint but paint looks good to me

?

It seems to have the right wear. It is really hard to say for sure with just one picture.

Hard to tell with the glare, but it appears to have the camo paint overlying bare spots in the underlying paint. Perhaps that is fine as I do not know if they were factory fresh when the camo was applied or had seen some use before it was done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

but i see helmets from ww1 have this pin for strap
    ww1 camo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 camo  

Quote by Helldude View Post
    but i see helmets from ww1 have this pin for strap
    ww1 camo
    The helmet in the first post is an M18 which had the chinstrap fixed to the liner like M35s and M40s etc, it looks honest enough to me and at 500 Zlotys (£100) a good price!...

I'm not sure we're looking at the real deal here. It may have been over cleaned but I don't see the real combat wear and age patina that I'd go for....and it looks like a recent contrivance.

?

I agree with Nigel, to me it looks like a semi relic lid thats been painted then lacquered, look closely , you can see pitting under the paint

Hi , I would be inclined to pass on this one personally. The "cammo" paint looks to have been applied after the liner pins were removed as there is very little if no evidence of them being in place when the paint was added. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , I would be inclined to pass on this one personally. The "cammo" paint looks to have been applied after the liner pins were removed as there is very little if no evidence of them being in place when the paint was added. Leon.
    Well spotted Leon i didn't notice that!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast