Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 german helmet

Article about: Hello, I would like some help with this Pickelhaube. I think it looks pretty good. however, it´s missing the chinstrap. unfortunately is not the best pictures. But i think with my little exp

?

Default ww1 german helmet

Hello,

I would like some help with this Pickelhaube. I think it looks pretty good. however, it´s missing the chinstrap.
    unfortunately is not the best pictures. But i think with my little experience that it is okay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 german helmet   ww1 german helmet  

ww1 german helmet   ww1 german helmet  

ww1 german helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 german helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ww1 german helmet

Looks fine finding the chin strap might be a wee bit hard but overall looks like a good ww1 spike helmet

Prussian Enlisted Man's Pickelhaube, makes a nice display...Repro chinstraps are easily found for these.
    cheers, Glenn

Kemi.....a perfectly good original Pickelhaube, a Prussian line infantry Model 1915 (M15) with twist off spike and grey phosphate fittings, it has its original liner...in reasonable condition, as this model helmet is renowned for its fragile construction.....it is missing its chinstrap and both its Prussian and Reich cockades, these helmets are going up in price as we approach the centenary of the Great war...worth about "£250-300 (300-350 Euro) you will find it almost impossible to find an original chinstrap, most collectors use a good replica.
    Prost ! Steve.

The only place I know for chinstraps would ge Great War Militaria out of Chambersburg, PA They had quite a few at one time I purchased one from them. Great wartime Pickelhaube. timothy

Nice helmet!
    I recently saw a original chinstrap being sold for the price of a helmet...
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Would like to thank everyone so much for the help. I did get this helmet for 300 Euro, I thought it was a reasonable price