Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet

Article about: Hi Chaps, I picked up this helmet the other day. Not an expert in this area (more of a buckle/badge man); but it looks like it may be a WW2 era civic/Polizei helmet. It looks like it has the

Default WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet

Hi Chaps, I picked up this helmet the other day. Not an expert in this area (more of a buckle/badge man); but it looks like it may be a WW2 era civic/Polizei helmet. It looks like it has the remains of the swastika decal on one side. The american style chinstrap has been been repaired by the clip.

Any info would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet   WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet  

WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet   WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet  

WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Civic/Lightweight Helmet
    P
    Many

Hello Richard,

This is a post war herlmet made by Linnemann & Schnetzer (se LS logo in skirt). The liner has been attached by a post war method. The "mushrooms" make me think of a fire brigade helmet, although the textured paint indicates police/BGS use. The remnant of the decal could be the post war Hamburg police decal.

Quite an interesting helmet.

Have a look at this link: .: World War Helmets - Casque M35/53 :.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi Emile, thanks for the info. I was really out of my depth with this one. You're dead right, it looks like a Hamburg police decal. The link is an excellent reference, Cheers, Richard.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Richard,

This is a post war herlmet made by Linnemann & Schnetzer (se LS logo in skirt). The liner has been attached by a post war method. The "mushrooms" make me think of a fire brigade helmet, although the textured paint indicates police/BGS use. The remnant of the decal could be the post war Hamburg police decal.

Quite an interesting helmet.

Have a look at this link: .: World War Helmets - Casque M35/53 :.

Cheers,
    Emile
    What an interesting link that is. Glad someone knew what it was because I was stumped. Great research !!

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    What an interesting link that is. Glad someone knew what it was because I was stumped. Great research !!
    Put it into google translate and you can read most of it (although some of the translations are a bit "off")
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)