Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?

Article about: Hi folks...I was hoping for some input on this helmet I picked up yesterday. I collect mainly US helmets but I do have a Luft and Heer helmet...so I d like to think I know the difference in

You did very well, a fine and genuine period cammo that fits all the accepted criteria for such a piece, once again, well done. It looks great on the shelf and I would be proud to own it! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?
    P
    Many

The readers of this topic should just research all people whom responded , the truth will be found out easily...
    The helmet is a one looker.

Thanks, Frank
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

For me the helmet is salty but has a one look original camo finish, you did well Jammanna!

?

Wow! Just got back online to see if there were more pics to check out.
    I must say, this thread has evolved somewhat.
    That aside, from these new (relative to my last visit) pics, I would grab hold of this one
    with both hands, and not let go!

Brad.

?

Having handled a number of " Normandy " Camo helmets both real and fake over the years this is really is a one looker , i really can't see a problem with any of it , to find one such as this amongst the huge number of fakes out there is a real bonus and for 175 bucks a coup for the OP .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think this m40 camo is original.
    to me there is good wear and age to paint. to say this m40 helmet is a ww2 camo.
    great pick for that price..
    still has liner and chin strap .
    chin strap and liner also are ww2 period too.
    and the liner pins look well in place as well.
    just the rear pin has not have seemed to have rusted like the shell. could have been the way this helmet was sitting for all those years.

looks good displayed with your other helmets.

?

WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?

Here are some 100 % genuine examples of Normandy sprayed Helmets , Gas mask cannisters , ammo containers etc . They are now in one of the best Museums in Normandy but come from one of the largest private collections in Normandy !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great helmets from the Western front, Paul! For additional reference, this is the only one I have to add that is relevant to the discussion. Eastern front recovered in relic condition --- three colors; light green, tan and then darker green/ brown in places incl. top dome. Probably a looker once in its day.

WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    You did very well, a fine and genuine period cammo that fits all the accepted criteria for such a piece, once again, well done. It looks great on the shelf and I would be proud to own it! Leon.

GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!!!! No more to be said really? Leon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6