Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Just returned from a local flea-market. One of the traders offered me the helmet shown, he thinks its a Luftwaffe Flak or Panzer Grenadier helmet. The inner lining, chinstra

?

Default WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Just returned from a local flea-market. One of the traders offered me the helmet shown, he thinks its a Luftwaffe Flak or Panzer Grenadier helmet. The inner lining, chinstrap are missing, the inside band is there, stamped on the inside - h4054 (I think),the camouflage paint has in places flaked away, the paint feels hard. I wonder do members recognize this camouflage pattern, is it a serious period piece ? if yes from which branch ? even with my scant helmet knowledge, find it hard to see it belong to Luftwaffe Flak Unit?- any information more than welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?   WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?  

WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?   WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?  

Attached Images Attached Images WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German Camouflage Helmet - Real Thing ?

The makers code is "hkp" for Sachsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke, Lauter. Prior to this they used the "SE" stamp.

Cheers, Ade.

I have seen camos like this one before...not sure what to think about it, though. As you said and in the pics, the paint is peeling off. The paint may be a re-issue, but who knows.

Regards,
    Finn

It is hard to comment on camo helmets without seing them it person,but I would say fake ,I am not seing things I would expect to see on a camo helmet 70 years old.

Its a Luftwaffe helmet, you can tell from the blue paint on the inside, as for the camo paint job, I would say

?

I don't like it at all.

?

Hi,
    Thanks for the posts. I did buy the helmet.
    Regards

I like the camo paint on this, I remember a WW2 vet telling me that when they was fighting in Normandy, going from hedge row to hedge row, he said the Germans were experts at the art of camouflage, and it was a pain in the butt to spot them, most of the time it was too late for a lot of American soldiers.

Thought i would add that.

Brian