Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication

Article about: Guys i picked up this drk lid. Seems to be legit. Thought it would look good on display. Seems to be correct but i will wait for others to chime in

Default Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication

Guys i picked up this drk lid. Seems to be legit. Thought it would look good on display. Seems to be correct but i will wait for others to chime in.
    Marked inside - DIN 14940
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication   Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication
    P
    Many

Not a good decal , it's an upgraded feuerschutz helmet. These helmets are around in volume and unfortunately fall prey to frauds that upgrade them for monetary gain. Lots of these get factory logo's and stencils and all kinds of fake decals.

Oh darn. Well i will have to work something out with the seller. It looks cool but not for me with the bad decals lol. Thanks much for the information. I had a funny feeling about the decals

��

DIN, as Luis (PotatoDigger) told us a few months ago, stands for Deutsche Industrie Norm and the number after it is the industry standard - not a lot number. DIN stamps are found on post War helmets manufactured between 1985 and 1997. In 1997 the standard was replaced by the EN 443 industry standard.

Oh great so its a lost war helmet ?

MAP
    ?

The "DAK" helmet in the photo next to it is bad as well....Looks like a Norwegian liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I figured a finnish post war on the helmet next to it. Seller iam sure will offer a refund.

Here are some pics of what looks like an m42 seller said its marked. CKL 54 5459
    Would that be a wartime shell?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication   Ww2 german drk helmet up for review/authentication  

Hi Chuck,

These photos aren’t the best however at the outset it appears to be an original M42 with post war paint and what appears to be a Norwegian liner. Note the ripples in the skirt in the third photo - the result of inferior steel being used later in the war. I believe this would have been a late war manufactured shell most probably around 44. Not really worth much unless it’s cheap and you want it for re-enacting or restoration.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast