Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and wanted to start off by posting a helmet that recently came into my possession. I think the helmet may be an M1934 feuerwehr, but these helmets are not an

Default WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Hi everyone
    I'm new to the forum and wanted to start off by posting a helmet that recently came into my possession.

I think the helmet may be an M1934 feuerwehr, but these helmets are not an area of my expertise and was hoping you could give me your opinions?

There are remnants of a decal on both sides of the helmet and the interior liner is size stamped with the number '55'. There is also a faint trace of the owner's name on the liner which I think is 'Joseph Webler?'. The inside of the shell has a maker stamp that looks like a 'B' or 'R?'.

Would really appreciate your opinions

WW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Hi, and welcome. It is an M34 fire police helmet. Liner and strap is in great condition. Those black tabs protruding from around the liner were for holding a leather neck guard, which are usually missing. Can we see the other side, which would have a police decal?

All there fire helmet with comb just missing neck flap which was mentioned I have only had one with a neck flap. I am curious about other side does it have a police decal? timothy

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm posting some close-ups of where the decals used to be. Unfortunately both have been removed post-war I imagine...

Also the person who gave me the helmet said they originally paid $90 for it, do you think that was a fair price?

WW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr HelmetWW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Welcome, that's not a bad helmet considering the decals were removed post war (reasonably cleanly at least). They could even have been taken off during the war in theory, if it had gone to luftschutz units after it's police role. I think $90 is pretty fair but I wouldn't really pay any more. With the decals in good condition they go for about $150.