Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?

Article about: I'm not exactly sure what this is. It sort of looks like the last ditch pot metal helmets but it has two decals and is not magnetic. I'm not sure if it's possibly aluminium or what it could

Default WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?

I'm not exactly sure what this is. It sort of looks like the last ditch pot metal helmets but it has two decals and is not magnetic. I'm not sure if it's possibly aluminium or what it could be. The two holes at the side seem like they could be from a mould release but, again, I'm not sure. There are two marks inside that read "N-43" and "DIS" or "DI5". Any help in identifying what this is would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?   WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?  

WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?   WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?  

WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Helmet Aluminium? Pot Metal?
    P
    Many

I've seen these before but never painted with decals, just bare aluminium. I assumed they were something to do with the production process but I just don't know. The decals are not period though I'm afraid so it is not an honest representation - whatever it actually is.

Hi ,as Krad has said ,these are not actually a helmet as such, they are something to do with manufacturing the "finished" product. The paint and decals should not be there and are not original. Leon.