Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 german lid ?

Article about: Hi guys any idea on this helmet it's described as an unusual civil defence helmet the 71 stamp is on the rear of the lid

?

Default Ww2 german lid ?

Hi guys any idea on this helmet it's described as an unusual civil defence helmet the 71 stamp is on the rear of the lid
    Attached Images Attached Images Ww2 german lid ?  Ww2 german lid ?  Ww2 german lid ?  Ww2 german lid ?  Ww2 german lid ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german lid ?
    P
    Many

Wish I could help, but not a clue

Hello,
    To me it looks like a postwar M35/53 boltless and ventless helmet...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    To me it looks like a postwar M35/53 boltless and ventless helmet...
    Thanks
    Beat me to it My thoughts as well. Border Police.

German M35-53
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Just asked seller any other markings he said no this is his description

Without a doubt this is a genuine german helmet , but I am not sure I have seen one like this before, no rivets or breather

This is heavy too ( not aluminium or the light steel) but combat helmet weight , this has the Civil Defence style liner but a fitting I have not seen before, a friend suggested it was Luftwaffe but I am not sure !

MAP
    ?

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    Just asked seller any other markings he said no this is his description

Without a doubt this is a genuine german helmet , but I am not sure I have seen one like this before, no rivets or breather

This is heavy too ( not aluminium or the light steel) but combat helmet weight , this has the Civil Defence style liner but a fitting I have not seen before, a friend suggested it was Luftwaffe but I am not sure !
    Did you not check out the link I gave you? It is manufactured by Linnemann-Schneztler in West Germany in 1953 and used by the Bundesgrenzchutz although other countries (Finland, Dominican Republic, etc.) may have used them as well.

Your friend is wrong. How did he arrive at the conclusion it was a Luftwaffe helmet? Would be interesting to hear his theory.

Look at the link. The helmet retainer fittings are the same.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Not my friend that is the sellers description thanks for the link didn't notice it sorry

MAP
    ?

Not my friend that is the sellers description thanks for the link didn't notice it sorry
    No problem. Interested in the asking price on this helmet? I see they go for $100

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/ori...elm-m53-helmet

Quote by MAP View Post
    Beat me to it My thoughts as well. Border Police.

German M35-53
    Yep, I concur and this shade and finish of green is particular to the Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS) aka
    Border Police as distinct from that of the Landespolizei or State Police who used green of a different and gloss shade (often with state emlem decals or Landeswappen for the relevant state). You will also encounter these helmets in a shade of light slate grey which are peculiar to West Berlin.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Well, he is right in as much as it is a genuine German helmet but definately post - war and not Luftschutz at all!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast